New Russian tortoise not eating

Dlamonda

Location (City and/or State)
Grants Pass
Ok first question: no on xrays! I'm sure with no doubt he did not have sufficient lighting. He hadn't eaten when my granddaughter got him his eyes were closed then. Now my treatment on his eyes have been eye drops with a lubricant yes he has opened eyes one eye he opens not wide but yes opened. His eyes were buldged but now swelling gone. The uv light he had was screw in. Now it is uva uvb strip. After dropping cicil off at my vet whom apparently sees many Torts started him on fluid drip, fed through tube, injected with B complex and calcium. Prognosis was good last night cicil was moving around seemed to be feeling a bit better. Vet is keeping him through weekend continuing his treatment by Monday we should see improvement. If not we will move to whatever faze he feels necessary. He has been treating reptile many years my friends recommend him as they have reptiles

Dlamonda

Location (City and/or State)
Grants Pass
Thanks for asking, not out of the woods yet. However, vet kept him over weekend treating him. So he is getting injections every 72 hours. Yes I had to learn how! And he is getting eye drops twice a day.
Shots are calcium injections. Eye drops are Ofloxacin. His eyes opened not all the way but they did open. A huge improvement there. Meantime once a week he goes back to vet for forced feeding. Every week until he starts eating on his own. Meantime, he is getting his baths and im still offering him his food.