New Russian Tortoise Owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalaglo

5 Year Member
I am a new Russian tortoise owner...he is appropriately named Boris. He's cute and friendly...probably about 4 1/2" inches or so. I'd say about a year old because I got him at Petco and I've heard that they capture from the wild??? So I don't think he's a baby. Anyways, he likes to eat and dig in his substrate and bask under his UV/Heat lamp and that's about it. He's not super super active. Not sure how active tortoises really are? And he's in very big tank that I had specially made for him. The perks of working for a glass shop :p. I still get a kick out of it that every night when I shut off the lamp he goes right to sleep for the night. It's like clock work. Anyways I am going to be posting a question about urates in a different forum in a few minutes and hopefully my question can be answered!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi lalago:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Your tortoise is probably close to 10 or 15 years old. They don't get very big. A year old tortoise would be very small...about 2" front to back.

lalaglo

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi lalago:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

Your tortoise is probably close to 10 or 15 years old. They don't get very big. A year old tortoise would be very small...about 2" front to back.

My name is Leslie...I am from Massachusetts! Wow I wasn't thinking he could be that old! Is there a way to tell for sure their age? How cool!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Hello and welcome to the forum...

I agree that your tortoise is a lot older than a year...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Leslie! Sorry I missed this when you first joined. We could look at a picture of his top shell (carapace) and give you a guess based on it's looks to guess the age, but it would only be a guess. Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.