New Russian Tortoise Update- Still Settling In?

CyrustheRussian

Location (City and/or State)
Delaware
Hello all! I thank those who responded to my previous post about the concerns I had with my new Russian tortoise (ordered online, received a month ago). He is moving around A LOT more each day. He is basking more which is great. He started eating a little (emphasis on a little) bit this past week. But I can tell he’s gradually doing more and more each day. I had concerns that he was sick when I first got him because he wouldn’t do anything- at all for a considerable amount of time. I do have some additional questions about my care and husbandry.
1- I have been feeding him a good variety of food but should it be prepared a certain way? I.e, should I be chopping it up or leaving whole leaves?
2- I was soaking him every morning the first couple weeks now I soak him 2-3 times a week. I’ve heard some do not offer a water dish at all. I know he hasn’t really touched his. Should I still leave it? Am I soaking him enough or too much?
3- I want to add some things to his enclosure but I haven’t wanted to change things around because he’s already had a slow adaption process. The cardboard is just a temporary hide (which he does use almost everyday). I’ve been struggling to find a decent sized tortoise hide- what do you use?
Also!- the site said he would be 1-2 years old (male). He measures about 5 inches. Does that add up to being the right age?
E708B63B-2EDB-4C25-8EDC-E057CE73FE3E.jpeg66AB7D42-25A0-474E-A031-9B9738B4404C.jpeg

Tudor Rose

Chelmsford
I use habba huts for tortoise hides. My tort loves them. As for food I tend to tear the leaves up into manageable pieces rather than leave them whole. I always have water in the tortoise table because I have been told that just because I haven't see her use it, doesn't mean she doesn't.

Although my Russian is just over a year old I still like to give her a daily soak but only for about 10 minutes. ?

CyrustheRussian

Delaware
I use habba huts for tortoise hides. My tort loves them. As for food I tend to tear the leaves up into manageable pieces rather than leave them whole. I always have water in the tortoise table because I have been told that just because I haven't see her use it, doesn't mean she doesn't.

Although my Russian is just over a year old I still like to give her a daily soak but only for about 10 minutes. ?
Thank you so much!