New Russian won't eat Mazuri diet

Stormy Rose

Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
Hey guys! I finally got my first tortoise! He's super active and seems healthy and adjusting great to his new home. The only issue with him is that he won't eat the Mazuri LS diet. I've tried giving to him dry and wet but he won't take it. He has been eating some spring mix in the mean time. How can I get him to start eating the mazuri diet as well??

Thanks!
Here is a picture of the little guy on his ride to his new home :)
How old would you say he is?
2014-10-18 13.40.48.jpg

Tyanna

Wisconsin
I've heard it's hard to get Russians to eat the LS diet since it doesn't get as "mushy". I'm no expert and I have yet to try Mazuri, I've just ordered it today.

I think it just depends on the tortoise. Try mixing some greens in with it or flowers.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
It's okay if he won't eat it. Added commercial diets are NOT necessary if they get good weedy greens and variety! I have tried Mazuri before, and everybody LOVED it, so it was gone within a couple months :( and I haven't gotten more :)
Maybe try 'smearing it' onto the greens :confused: gross, but he might eat some while trying to get the mix! He just a little guy :p maybe a few months old? He looks like he was kept very dry beforehand... make sure he has enough humidity!