New sulcata and spider indoor enclosures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
Hey everyone! I've missed my forum. Well, we have moved!!! This house is a total fixer-upper, starting very unexpectedly with the ROOF!!!... so there goes our "new flooring and upstairs bathroom remodel" money... Anyways, I've been working my tail off painting, moving, cleaning, and unpacking; not to mention the never ending job if stay-at-home-mom-playmate-housekeeper, and still babysitting 4 kids twice a week! Makes me sound busier than I feel, but hey! I just got on to show you my new turtle homes!!! I just could not put my babies on this floor, it's a basement and it has been gutted (literally-- electrical cords hanging from the ceiling, you can see the upstairs plumbing, no flooring or doors, capital G-U-T-T-E-D gutted!) so I got everyone up off the floors and in new homes.

So the sullies have been put back together and I have created a split level upper story feeding platform that I really do hope will stop the bullying. I'm going to be keeping a strong eye on mos and yana. (but on a very exciting side note she is growing SO well!!) here are sully pics:

b5139d74.jpg

e2ebee5c.jpg

af490dcc.jpg

758481bc.jpg

Yana's growth!
1b0d7517.jpg

And little mos tramping his way up the stairs to his feeding platform:
1c0eae44.jpg

885c34cc.jpg

Now the spiders. I think i've shown you guys their new house, but if I haven't here they are:

3673b0b8.jpg

Little lemon hiding under the foliage, about to take a dip:
d92a4001.jpg

And dr. p, about to have a second helping of breakfast:
5c673545.jpg

Now this is where they are set up. Excuse the clutter and you can see the unfinished cement floors! this is the only "room" left standing in the basement, and I claimed it for my turtle/craft room haha! Sorry honey!

85e3bb78.jpg

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they dont fall off the second story?
that would worry me a bit.. but nice..
and good luck with your fixer upper!

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Nice! They seem to enjoy it.

I also show concern on that second level. I would worry about them accidently walking off or pushed off by another tort.

Enjoy the new house... that was us last summer, but add our wedding into the mix. It'll pay off eventually!

Status
Not open for further replies.