new sulcata enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
i recently bought a $8 pool at walmart the other day for my 3 sulcatas. one of my sulcatas is a couple years old, and my other 2 are close to a year old. the all do well together but i was wondering if its enough room? ill post pictures soon as possible since i know everyone loves pics on here ;) . i have in there for them as a bedding is just straw and i put clover and dandilions in there for them to eat. they seem to love em all! ill post pics asap!!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
what size are your tortoises? how about the pool? photos will help determine how much room is enough. has there been any aggressive displays of behavior?

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
well ones like 5 inches tops, the other 2 are like 1-2 inches. they seem friendly, and never agressive towards each other. the pools like 2-3 feet wide. i have pics in the photos and video section of my tortoises if you wanted to see! there in there indoor enclosure in those pics

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
S. Oregon
The pool is ok for now but in a year or so you will have to get or build a bigger enclosure just depending on how fast they grow. My smallest Sulcatas which measure from about 4" down to 2" are in a 4' x 8' enclosure and they cover it all. They really like to roam around. :)

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
northern new york
yeah well i put them in the pool and they seemed to love it! they loved the hay to hide in and eat... right now they seem happy more room is what they needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.