New Sulcata mom in West TN!

CourtneyC

Location (City and/or State)
West TN
Hi everyone! My fiancé and I just got a baby Sulcata yesterday and we are so so so excited! We ordered him from Arizona Tortoise Compound and I was very pleased:) We've never had a tortoise before! I've had several other reptiles/amphibians but never a tort and I have ALWAYS wanted one. So our little guy is our Valentines "gift" for ourselves. His(her?) name is Rutabaga (like the plant...rude-uh-bay-guh) and he's so so cute! He's currently only a few months old and I'm so nervous because he's tiny and (obviously!) I want to take the best care of him so he can grow into a big, beautiful sully! I would love any advice from anyone who's raised these guys before! image.jpgimage.jpg

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
Welcome to the forum. :) Yes. There is a care sheet for this little one. Wonderful

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello,Hello and Welcome! ! ! !Good to have you here!! ! !Welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Courtney, and welcome to the Forum!

It is VERY IMPORTANT for you to keep your new baby warm. Please do not allow his habitat to fall below 80F day or night. We have a very good care sheet and other important threads for new tortoise owners, pinned at the top of the Sulcata section. It is in your baby's best interest for you to read them.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome Courtney to the TFO from AZ . The owner of Arizona Tortoise Compound is a member of the TFO also . Torts Rule !