New Sulcata Mommy, hello everyone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
Hello all, my name is Nikki and I am from Bonifay FL.. I have been "lerking" this site for manu many months now in preparations for my new hatchling Sully, who came to me finally this past Tuesday.. Just wanted to introduce myself and Sully and thank u for all the great infoother wise my preparations and ahrd work would have been all wrong, I seriously can not believe all the confusing info out there for raising a sulcata baby, crazy.. Anyways sully is doing GREAT so far, this is what I am doing, i have him on a custom tort table, substrate is soil and bed-a-beast mix, humidity stays between 60-80 ish, basking area is right at 100 degrees, surrounding area is around 90ish and all other areas including sleeping area and night time tempsare 80-84.. He loves all greens, big eater and pooper, lol but what werid is he doesnt like fruit, I know that I should only give him some very very seldom if ever but I wanted to see if he would like it, I tried a tomatoe and a banana and he showed no interest, which is fine cause he injoys the healthy stuff very much... I am soaking him twice a day except the days I notice him actually drinking, in that case i do not make him stay in the soak, I also mist him threw out the day.. lets see, guess thats about it, will keep u all updated as he grows,ttyl,, heres a pic of Sully sleeping after a large meal, lol, he slept on a slice of tomatoe

Attachments

• Sully asleep.jpg
    Sully asleep.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 46

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
yellow belly crib 2.jpgSully post to tortoise forum 2.jpgSully post to tortoise forum.jpgSully post to tortoise forum.jpgHello everyone, and thanks for the warm welcomes, it is nice to be here.. I have some more pics of Sully, hope ya'll enjoy them, also of my yellow belly turtles tank... I have a question.. What r some good ideas of decor for my Sulcata's table? Whats pretty and "tortoise safe"? I know live plants would be good, fake ones not so much because he may try to eat them, but other than plants and rocks, any ideas? I have some nice smooth rocks for him to walk on and they look nice and also his basking area which is just a tile piece but it works well and looks nice, but feel its missing something.. Ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Thanks, I am new to Tortoises, I have had ample experience with water turtles.. I had wanted a tortoise for sooooo long, so I spent months learning everything I possibly could and then spent another few weeks making sure I could keep the right temps and all, finally i was ready, so glad to have him, love the little guy so very much

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Yeah I try to give him a large pile with lots of variety, he will trample the pile munching on different things then he falls asleep right on top of his greens, its so cute

Status
Not open for further replies.