New Sulcata Mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyd

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi. I am so glad I found this forum!!!! We recently became proud parents to a baby Sulcata over the weekend. He (she?) is such an amazing lil guy, and we can't get enough of him. We do not handle him often (we got him on Saturday, and have handled him about 3 times since then) but we do adoringly gaze at him in his terrarium. He has made himself a lil burrow/cave and it is amazing that he gets around so fast!!!

I originally purchased him as a surprise for our 10 year old son while he is away at Grandma's for a few weeks this summer, and he has no idea. We had a "reptile wrangler" at his birthday party a few months ago, and their Sulcata was the star of the show!!! My son is a very mellow, thoughful child, and felt he would like a Sulcata because they are mellow like he is and they can "grow old together". He said he would name one (if he got one) "Quicksilver". I love our little Quicksilver!!!!!

I've done tons of research on these guys, and they truly are amazing animals and I am glad we could provide a loving home to our lil Quicksilver. We purchased him from a great guy on Craigslist who has been raising Sulcatas for about 10-15 years, and he was a wealth of knowledge as well.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Redlands, CA
congrats on your new addition to the family!
sounds like your son will enjoy his new friend immensely

Z

zumo

New mommy here too.Just adopted two females ..They are about 10 pounds and 12 inches right now. Been reading alot about them. And always wanting to learn more. What they eat , best climate, everything!! I bring them in at night to a wooden table box,, they are outside during the day free roam on half acre.

Status
Not open for further replies.