New Sulcata owner from AZ

skyandkerby

Hello! I am the owner of a 9-month-old sulcata named Kerby and I joined this forum so that I could easily find information and ask tortoise related questions! There are so many conflicting "expert opinions" on websites across the Internet that I've decided it would be best to simply hear from experienced tortoise owners themselves instead of trying to sort through the information with only my minor knowledge to guide me. My tortoise currently lives in an indoor enclosure as we have 2 large dogs who frequent the backyard. He lives in a (dry) fish tank with reptile mulch for a floor and both a UVB and a ceramic heating coil positioned above the tank. (I refer to his gender as a male although I have no idea what he might be, hence his gender neutral name). As I am on summer vacation as of today, I thought that now might be the time to start learning more about my tortoise, considering he will likely outlive both my parents and I! I love my tortoise and I can't wait to learn from all of the community experience and expertise!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

There's a bunch of good reading material at the top of the Sulcata section. We used to call them stickies, but with our new format its a little hard to determine the stickies from regular threads. But the "Important Threads" are at the top of the section. Lots to learn and read. Your tortoise will thank you for your new knowledge!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here. This is the right place. Spend some time here you will surely to tell the difference.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Evy

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Welcome!
Please read the info, I was confused before I joined and now I'm so happy and grateful for all help provided to me here.

Important:
-Humidity including soaking
-Diet
-Temperature

London my lovely Sulcata tortoise :0))