New sulcata tortoise owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorkAng3L

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!

My name is Melissa, and I'm coming to this Forum with my new sulcata tortoise Dexter!

I have received my early Christmas present!. Today is day 3 with my new tortoise, a baby shipped from a breeder in Las Vegas, NV. (From www.tortoisesupply.com) Never caring for one before, I have quite a few questions that has brought me to this forum.

I will be bringing my concerns and questions to other areas of the forum today, as I am anxious to get things right for him. Glad to see such a great support area. :tort:

Here is a picture of Dexter!

2.jpg

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
DorkAng3L said:
Hello everyone!

My name is Melissa, and I'm coming to this Forum with my new sulcata tortoise Dexter!

I have received my early Christmas present!. Today is day 3 with my new tortoise, a baby shipped from a breeder in Las Vegas, NV. (From www.tortoisesupply.com) Never caring for one before, I have quite a few questions that has brought me to this forum.

I will be bringing my concerns and questions to other areas of the forum today, as I am anxious to get things right for him. Glad to see such a great support area. :tort:

Here is a picture of Dexter!

2.jpg
very good looking tort!

doubletorts

5 Year Member
CUTE! He looks just like how mine was when I bought him. Nice colors as well! You definitely came to the right place. I had mine for over 2 years when I found this site and thought I knew everything I needed to know, however was I very wrong. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Melissa:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

May we know where you are?

DorkAng3L

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. Tyler is a friend of mine and a good seller.

Here are a bunch of threads from me and a couple of other members that I lumped together for convenience. Hope you find something helpful in there.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-Helpful-Threads#axzz1gqaDrfpv

Thank you all, and Tom for the threads. I feel like I've spent all day watching Dexter and picking up on his habits. My fiance laughs at me for starring at the terrarium all day and getting excited when Dexter comes out of his hideaways. :rolleyes:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D Sounds like Dexter already has you under his little foot. :D He should be a gift that keeps giving (and growing) for many years to come. :p :D Welcome. :tort:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Welcome Melissa! Your little guy looks great...and I like how Dexter came to be just as the last episode airs tomorrow! Goos luck and keep the photos coming!;)

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello Melissa and Dexter:D Welcome to TFO! Great name..Dexter and Melissa too, that is my middle name:D Dexter is a cutie pie

Status
Not open for further replies.