new sulcatas :D (w/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mexico
Sooo, I went to my friend´s cottage house this last weekend, and I was amazed of his beautiful sulcata sanctuary...
it was amazing!! He has a really BIG place, and you can see the big sulcatas roaming around, getting in and out of their big natural burrows (made by themselves). It was truly amazing.
When I was about to go back to town, he gave me a little present... I found inside two sulcatas babies :D I was so excited...
One of them has splited scutes, but it doesnt matters, she will never know she is "special" :), and the other one is just normal.
the splited one name will be: "Clara" and the other one will be: "biviana", but im gonna call her "bibi" wich will sound like "be - be"

My other sulcata, (wich is about to be 1 year old) is called Isabella.

I love them, here are a couple of pictures of Isabella and clara, her new step sister :)

and here is a picture of Isabella a couple of weeks ago: x)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What gorgeous sullies you have there. Please note, that as much as we would like to see the three get along happily, the reality is that sullies prefer solitude. Since two are only a babies, I wouldn't keep them together in the same enclosure. Isabella might climb over the babies and could hurt them. If you get the opportunity, please read Tom's threads on sulcata care especially for the babies. Keep us posted on their growth. We welcome you here. Good to hear from you. You could read about Tom's threads by going to the main page and look for sulcata care, or just tap on "Tom" in search.

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
Thank you!! I also think they are gprgeus :D

Yup, I know they might not get along well..
but dont worry, they are free in my back yard :) they wont face each other much :), I never keep my tortoises inside, I dont like that...
and since I live in a very hot place, its not problem at all

I have lots of experience with desert tortoises, they both have very similar care... the only difference would be that sulcatas dont hibernate, and Desert tortoises do... But Im also prepared for that ;)

Trust me, I know all the caresheets like the palm of my hand.. thats how Isabella is growing smooth, healthy and happy :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It's obvious that you raised one sully beautifully. For that you are to be commended. Buy there is a first for everything. So, if you ever have any health issues with your babies, you know where to seek help:) I'm curious, do the tiny babies stay outside all night? Are there natural predators like stray dogs, cats, foxes, etc? Just wondering.
armandoarturo said:
Thank you!! I also think they are gprgeus :D

Yup, I know they might not get along well..
but dont worry, they are free in my back yard :) they wont face each other much :), I never keep my tortoises inside, I dont like that...
and since I live in a very hot place, its not problem at all

I have lots of experience with desert tortoises, they both have very similar care... the only difference would be that sulcatas dont hibernate, and Desert tortoises do... But Im also prepared for that ;)

Trust me, I know all the caresheets like the palm of my hand.. thats how Isabella is growing smooth, healthy and happy :)

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
Isabella is beautiful. I love the coloration she has. Congratulations on the new babies. I look forward to seeing pictures of them as they grow. They are lucky to have found you as their keeper.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats, what a nice friend. Pictures of his yard and Sullies would have been nice too:p :D

armandoarturo

5 Year Member
Mexico
wellington said:
Congrats, what a nice friend. Pictures of his yard and Sullies would have been nice too:p :D
Thank you!! .. Umfortunatelly my celphone runned out of battery and i couldnt take any pictures, but one of my friends did.i will upload some pics as spon as he sends them to me :)

sibi said:
It's obvious that you raised one sully beautifully. For that you are to be commended. Buy there is a first for everything. So, if you ever have any health issues with your babies, you know where to seek help:) I'm curious, do the tiny babies stay outside all night? Are there natural predators like stray dogs, cats, foxes, etc? Just wondering.
Yes, they stay outside all te time, except on winter time, wich gets a little cold. i live in a desert area in mexico.. So i dont really have a real winter cold weather, but atill I rather take them in for the night. And about the predators... Lie i said, i have raised desert tortoises for almost 15 years... I havent had any problem of that kind, and i really hope i never do... I still prefer them to be inside their burrows for.the night

Dizisdalife said:
Isabella is beautiful. I love the coloration she has. Congratulations on the new babies. I look forward to seeing pictures of them as they grow. They are lucky to have found you as their keeper.

Thaank youuu!! Thanks a lot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.