New tattoo - more work on my sleeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
Slowly but surely getting my sleeve done! (I'll be adding another piece in a couple of weeks :D :D :D )

This new one is also my artwork. This particular tat is also a sort of tribute to Peter Steele. He was the lead singer of Type O Negative and Carnivore, and one of my all time favorite black metal artists. Everyone has that band whose music they can laugh with, cry with, relate with - Type O was it for me. Peter died in his sleep of heart failure April 14th, 2010. I, along with much of the metal community, was completely devastated.

Anyway, this tattoo has double meaning for me. First off, many people find my fascination with skulls and "death images" to be morbid. Honestly, it is anything but in my mind. The entire world is so wrapped up in their "me me me" mentality, their own PERSONAL sense of mortality. The entire world is selfish. There are VERY few TRULY selfless people in the world. If people were more willing to give of themselves unconditionally, even as far as giving their lives, can you imagine what this world would be like? It would be paradise. But, in the end, there is one thing that EVERYONE on this planet have in common - we all die. That is the ONE certain thing waiting for us all, the one great equalizer, death. What is important I think is what kind of life you live, and HOW you die - not necessarily whether it is illness, etc., but what kind of dignity and accomplishment you can leave this world with. As far as this tattoo being tribute also to Peter - one of his songs (from the World Coming Down album) is "Everything Dies." One of the reasons I so loved that band - they just rang true to me, both with their sarcasm and their emotion.

Well, here it is :D (the "red" tint is because it is brand new. It is just black and grey.)

newtatsingle.jpg

newtat.jpg

And here is how the lower part of my arm is looking these days -

tatsleeve.jpg

This is the detail of the top-most one -

DSCF7799.jpg

And for the heck of it, "Everything Dies" by Type O Negative.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ3aiM8K6D0&ob=av3e[/video]

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Yet no tortoises, what kind of moderator are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.