New temporary indoor enclosure for my female greek :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukphd

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thought I'd post some photos of my temporary indoor enclosure for my female :)

I'm in the process of building a much bigger one for her but I realised it was going to take me a lot longer than I thought so in the meantime I've upgraded her current, temporary one.

I've increased the height of the sides and at the end with the highest side will be her laying area so it will be full of the soil/sand mix. The thing lying on top is the divider that will just help to keep some of the soil/sand out of the rest of the enclosure which will be full of aspen etc

I'm waiting for the sealant I used to dry properly and then later today I'm hoping to start with the substrate so I'll post more photos as it gets finished.
:)

20042008336.jpg

20042008337.jpg

ukphd

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

I've managed to get some substrate in now - but totally ran out of soil/sand and aspen! oops! So I've used more of the old substrate than planned down one end but that is good in a way as it gives her some familiar smells while she settles in to the new set-up. So I've got enough substrate for the time being but have placed an order or a load more so will be able to make everything deeper when that arrives. The end that's out of sight has a feeding slate in it in the corner.

Thanks so much to everyone who gave me tips and advice on substrate and things in the Greek thread - I'm sure bob thanks you too! :)

Here it is now:

20042008339_1.jpg

20042008342.jpg

and here's bob trying out the soil/sand mix for the first time!

20042008344.jpg

This should be ok for her until I get the new one built. On hot days she has an outdoor enclosure as well and also comes out and trundles around the kitchen when I'm working in there so she gets plenty of exercise. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Looks Great Nancy. in the second pic at the upper right end is that wood or cork? looks like it would be so much fun for them to climb on. Great Job

ukphd

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Looks Great Nancy. in the second pic at the upper right end is that wood or cork? looks like it would be so much fun for them to climb on. Great Job

It's cork bark - she loves to hide under it and sometimes clamber over the top. Where ever she is if I put that down she's straight under it - bless :)

Status
Not open for further replies.