New temporary outside enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgetown, TX
I got a Zoo-Med enclosure for outside. I filled it with cypress mulch as that seemed to be what everyone recommended. I put in a few live plants (still in their mini containers) and a larger water dish. Put Gypsy in and first thing ran for the Hide.

I came out a few moments later and to my surprise....there was Gypsy outside munching on Elephant Bush (portulaca afra). With a big happy mama sign and smile....I just looked at her and came back inside. The humidity is high here today...expecting rain.

I have her on front porch as that gets the morning sun and then the hotter sun moves back to the west and the porch is then shaded. I will monitor it tomorrow to see exactly how much sunlight it does get to make sure Gypsy gets enough real sunlight.

Does this all seem about right or should I do something different. I am in Central Texas and the weather has been in mid to high 80's in the day and high 60's at night.

coreyc

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Where's the pic's ?????????????????????????????????????????? :D[/i]

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
A photo will help know what you are describing and then we can better answer you.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Ok here is a picture of my inside and outside enclosures.

Picture 1 - inside
Picture 2 - outside
Picture 3 - Gypsy because she is just too damn cute

coreyc

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Very nice :) but I just pulled a neck muscle looking at that first pic LOL :p

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Corey, sorry about the neck strain and thanks for the thumbs up. I went back this afternoon and she has destroyed the pothos plant. She is now resting in the big hide. Too much action today I guess, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.