new "terrarium" plant.. Help?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't understand how an X-Ray can show an inflamed stomach lining. What is the treatment he offered for the tortoise?

chelslpn

she was showing me different X-rays in a book and you can see the gas and inflammation in the stomach area on the X-ray and it did look like the picture in the book of a tortoise with gastritis. She gave him metronidazole which is an antibiotic and then i got a prescription for Reglan which will help him go to the bathroom in case there is some sort of blockage or once he starts eating again. The X-ray showed he was pretty empty... in the others she had in a book you could definitely tell the difference. I felt so bad seeing them prying his mouth open though just to get the antibiotic in... I don't know how that's going to work for the next 5 days. They took a stool sample (the one piece they got) but the results won't be back for a few days. She said if he eats today she won't have to force him to take anything but he's not going to ..definitely not now that he's scared lol He's hiding in one of his huts :(

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
I sure hope he gets better!
In light of his stomach problem, it might be a good idea to remove the plants from the enclosure. Better safe...

Amanda81

5 Year Member
Northeast Tennessee
I hate to hear your little guy is sick. I hope he starts doing better. At least they caught it and perhaps can get it taken care of.