New to Forum in need of Christmas gift Help!

lizzybeth

Hello Other Tortoise Lovers,

I have a 5 going on 6 year old 12lb Sulcata named Rawy. I am trying to come up with christmas gifts for her. On her 5th Hatchday I made her a bouquet of strawberries to look like roses, on her 4th Hatchday I made a cake for her out of watermellon and smashed strawberries and bananas for icing, but I have fallen short on Christmas. Last year I got her new substrate. She is in a 5.5ft kiddie pool inside during the winter with coconut substrate 2 nice mercury vapor bulbs and a 100W basking light. During the warmer months she has an 8x8 foot wooden enclosure. So, so far for Christmas I want to make her a small cross stiched stocking, cuttlebones, maybe a strawberry for a christmas treat, but I wanted something she would enjoy. Do any of yalls sulcatas play with balls? Or some other recreational toy. I love my little princess. I just want to give her a special christmas, she is like my first baby.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
thanks.

Make him a christmas tree out of an edible branch - maybe a mulberry branch, and decorate it with balls of fruit and veggies.

lizzybeth

That is such a cute idea!!! Thank you I will most definitely have to do that! What a wonderful thing for her to wake up to on christmas morning.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*waves* Hi! Just so many tings you could do (and Yvonne's is a good one). As to your ball question, I have not given mine a ball. My two bigger sulcatas I gave them a bowling ball, but they had no interest (yet) in it. It seems so often the balls end up being a sex toy for the males, rather then just a play toy.

lizzybeth

haha those poor toys. How many sulcatas do you have? My baby girl seems like such a handful sometimes. They are so cute and stubborn.