Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
RE: introduction--Bev and Brian

Welcome.

starfield

5 Year Member
Thanks for all the welcomes! Just realized today that this is the second introduction Ive posted, sorry about that...Spent a few months awal from the forum! brianandlayla.jpgbrianandlayla.jpg

I have found lots of breeders on here! I graduate in May and plan on working in the genetics/marketing field until I build enough capital to start my own farm, which will be full of Jersey cows, and of course redfoots! And no I have not hatched any E. subglobosa yet. Until the last two, I had a single male. I added a subadult female and a couple groups of hatchlings. I now have an adult confirmed 1.2 trio and 4 younger guys I am raising to maturity. Hopefully I will get my first breeding this year!
Jacqui said:
starfield said:
Hello all!
Just joined the forum after searching for a breeder of albino redfoots

So did you find one?

starfield said:
I am an Animal Science major at Penn State, with most of my focus on agricultural animals,

When you finish with school, what job would you like to have?

starfield said:
I own 8 E. subglobosa, ranging from several weeks in age to 5 years, all but one I have raised since hatchlings.

Are any of them ones you hatched yourself, also?

Shot of one of my babies...Bred by Paul Vander Schouw in Florida. Some of the most colorful hatchlings I have ever seen, and Ive been looking at them for years now! Cant wait to see how they develop! Sorry for the poor quality, using a an older camera phone, yea i know, I need an iPhone.
RIP to Joe Paterno, father of our Happy Valley!paulvpinkbelly.jpgpaulvpinkbelly.jpg

Attachments

• myrlemarion2010.jpg
    myrlemarion2010.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
starfield said:
Thanks for all the welcomes! Just realized today that this is the second introduction Ive posted, sorry about that...Spent a few months awal from the forum!

Don't give it a second thought, Brian...I combined them for you!! :p thanks for all the pictures. I love getting to know our members through their pictures. The calf is a beauty. Are you hand rearing?

starfield

5 Year Member
Thank you for combining them for me! She was hand raised(bottle fed). Now she is nearly 8 months old and more like a 500 pound puppy than what you would imagine a bovine to be. They are really a neat creature! I will post a picture of the calf's mother and myself to give you a better idea of what a "loved cow" can be like

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Yeah! Another carbonaria-convert!

(Are we winning yet?)

starfield

5 Year Member
Lucille (mother of layla, previously posted calf) giving me a scratchy kiss!lucille.jpglucille2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Good luck finding an albino. I've been hunting for a hypo breeder female,but no luck.

starfield

5 Year Member
jackrat said:
Good luck finding an albino. I've been hunting for a hypo breeder female,but no luck.
Fortunately Ive got all the time in the world. I wont be ready to make that substantial investment for a couple years anyway, so normal beauties will do the trick for now :

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum~ :shy:

jackrat said:

I know where one is ......:p:D:p

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
N2TORTS said:
Welcome to the forum~ :shy:

jackrat said:

I know where one is ......:p:D:p

hmmmm, WHo ever could you be talkin' about? I heard there was a Hypo breeder on this site.... now if I could only find a couple of pics of his elusive stock...;)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
You know Jackrat, All you gotta do is buy a few of his hatchling Hypos and sooner or later, you'll have a female to breed. :p

...as for me I'de take any Hypo (male or female), heck I'd take that little "Honeybee" off his hands if he would just keep that camra out of her face (she keeps lookin at me and calling my name!) ;)

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
Zamric said:
You know Jackrat, All you gotta do is buy a few of his hatchling Hypos and sooner or later, you'll have a female to breed. :p

...as for me I'de take any Hypo (male or female), heck I'd take that little "Honeybee" off his hands if he would just keep that camra out of her face (she keeps lookin at me and calling my name!) ;)
If I had Brazilians,I would already be growing some of JD's stock. They're phenomenal! But I just have Northerns,so the search continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.