new to forum

PC-W

Hello as you know I am very new to this but not to having turtles.... my mother actually had the turtles first.... started with a male red ear slider (not sure how old he is, may look back in photo albums to try and figure it out)... then after a couple of years she got a female red ear slider.... they used to be together but then he got to frisky and she wasn't too interested and we didn't want any little turtles so they each had their own tanks. I actually took care of them for my mom. Then back in 99 my son and I were visiting a friend in the DC area... a new development and my son was roller blading on the blacktop when he found a little turtle the size of a quarter... the temp was in the 80s and with the new development had no idea where to try and set it so.... not sure if it was the right thing to do but we took it home to NW PA. Well it turned out to be a female eastern painted and she is now much larger. Well mom passed away last year and all of them are still in my home.... by the way my home is somewhat of a zoo ( we have 5 dogs, 2 cats the 3 turtles and a rabbit)..... don't worry we have a very large house and they all actually get along.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Well read your note but I didn't see a question to anser . But have a great day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Welcome! We would love to see photos of your torts when you have a moment! ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome! I hope you will be very careful with the dogs and turtles. There are so many stories about dogs, even ones that had been around for a long time without a problem, mauling turtles.
Would love to see pictures!

GraffitiTortoise

I have just bought a young baby Tortoise. A male. I also bought another. A female. I have had them for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed that the male eats less than the female. The male is smaller than the female, is this because they eat at different food rates. Should I be worried or is it normal? Thanks. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411925598.683710.jpg

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
I have just bought a young baby Tortoise. A male. I also bought another. A female. I have had them for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed that the male eats less than the female. The male is smaller than the female, is this because they eat at different food rates. Should I be worried or is it normal? Thanks. View attachment 97731
welcome:)!!!!! i think they be to young to say what genders they are. What temp are you keeping them at? whats the cages humidity? how often do you soak? whats there diet?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome! :)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

PC-W

Thank you for the welcomes.... the dogs and turtles are in separate parts of the home..... I will try to get pictures but very new to tech world.... my husband made me get a smart phone because the service in this area changing to 4G as for my skills on the computer new as well... we don't even have cable here so thank God for satellite services.... Just found this site when searching through pinterest and looking forward to following allow and having a place to ask questions.

Alaskamike

South Florida
I have just bought a young baby Tortoise. A male. I also bought another. A female. I have had them for about 3 weeks now and I have noticed that the male eats less than the female. The male is smaller than the female, is this because they eat at different food rates. Should I be worried or is it normal? Thanks. View attachment 97731
I'm glad you jumped in here but maybe you could put some info in the introductions thread. Or even in the thread about Sulcatas. There are many peoples who can help you in the care of your 2 little ones. There are just a few things that you can do for them that will make all the difference in their health.

Burt0405

hi everyone great to meet you all! I just started here as well and am very excited about it. I acquired a baby leopard tortoise a few months ago and he has quickly become the apple of my eye so i'm constantly trying to find better ways to take care of hime and keep completely healthy!