New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary.elliott

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, England
Hi all, My name is Gary and I am the proud owner of a 3 year old Sulcata name of Terri, I live in the county of Kent SE England and am currently in the process of building Terri's new home. I am also in tough love mode trying to convert Terri onto a better grass related diet. All advice is welcome and i look forward to your posts.
Thank you

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Gary! Welcome to TFO! I hope you will share pictures of Terri with us. So, how did you happen to get a sulcata?

gary.elliott

5 Year Member
Kent, England
Hi will post pictures once I have figured out how. As to how I got a Sulcata my wife bought her for me for my birthday. Always loved Tortoises, terrapins and Turtles and now I am the proud and priveleged owner of one.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Gary:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!

I just can't imagine having a sulcata in England. But then, my perception of the weather in England has been limited by what I've seen in old movies...you know...fog, rain and more fog. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
gary.elliott said:
Hi will post pictures once I have figured out how. As to how I got a Sulcata my wife bought her for me for my birthday. Always loved Tortoises, terrapins and Turtles and now I am the proud and priveleged owner of one.

Sounds like you have a wonderful wife!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a lovely young lady. Your gonna have a heartbreaker with that one. :D

gary.elliott

5 Year Member
Kent, England
Lastly this is the start of Terris new home. It has double skin insulated walls and will have a tiled insulated roof as well, all to combat all the fog and rain we get here (only half joking).

Attachments

• 162.jpg
    162.jpg
    721 KB · Views: 20

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's just beautiful! Very pleasing to my sense of symmetry!

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Welcome to the forum Gary :D. Glad you decided to join it. You will like it here and should beable to get all your question's answered. Btw, Terri is beautiful. Extremely shiney, so you wax her shell?...jk..lol

gary.elliott

5 Year Member
Kent, England
FADE2BLACK_1973 said:
Welcome to the forum Gary :D. Glad you decided to join it. You will like it here and should beable to get all your question's answered. Btw, Terri is beautiful. Extremely shiney, so you wax her shell?...jk..lol

Thanks Chris I rub olive oil into shell and then take off as much as I can. Don't know if I should but was told I could do this by the Reptile store when we bought her.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
wow Terri is stunning, I should have you wife pick out my torts :D. And her home looks like it will be amazing, you should set up a thread for how you are building it, that photo has me intrigued.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Welcome! She is beautiful! But, I would question the "oil." A clean shell is nice enough.

~C

Status
Not open for further replies.