New to forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

5 Year Member
I my name is Kevin my family and I are the proud owners of a 8month old Sulkata. His name is Franklin ( not my choice I wanted to call him Dozer) lol... Any way he is doing great we soak him every day and in the summer he gets to go out side all day. We live in northern Nevada so we get the hot summers and the cold winters. I am going to try to up load some photos. I look forward to checking out this forum.

Attachments

• image-19991081.png
    image-19991081.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • image-3769579483.png
    image-3769579483.png
    274.5 KB · Views: 36
  • image-2657599722.png
    image-2657599722.png
    234.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image-1463946974.png
    image-1463946974.png
    238 KB · Views: 29

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
Welcome! He's got some pyramiding, make sure you keep the humidity up and do daily soaks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Kevin:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

papabear

5 Year Member
Arizona Sulcata said:
Welcome! He's got some pyramiding, make sure you keep the humidity up and do daily soaks.

I am curiuse just how smooth should the shell be? As I said in the earlier post we soak him every day. It is very dry in my part of the country though. I thought his shell looked good although I am new to this so I am sure I need to get educated. I have seen some badly pyramided shells and I do not want that. I will try to keep the moisture up in his pen .
Thanks,

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
papabear said:
I am curiuse just how smooth should the shell be? As I said in the earlier post we soak him every day. It is very dry in my part of the country though. I thought his shell looked good although I am new to this so I am sure I need to get educated. I have seen some badly pyramided shells and I do not want that. I will try to keep the moisture up in his pen .
Thanks,

His shell certainly isn't horrible by any means, it could just be better. I notice you are using a tortoise table. Nothig wrong with that, I have one myself but they are notorious for not being able to hold the humidity in. Like someone else said, try a humid box, that should help. Also spray directly on his shell about 4 times a day, always keeping him moist as well as spraying the enclosure. Good luck! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
papabear said:
I am curious just how smooth should the shell be?

Take a look at Walking Rock in Zamric's signature photo. That's what a sulcata should look like. :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
emysemys said:
papabear said:
I am curious just how smooth should the shell be?

Take a look at Walking Rock in Zamric's signature photo. That's what a sulcata should look like. :D
Thanks Emysemys:D

Heres a bigger one to look at!
DSCN1175.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.