New to TFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNcoldblood

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Hello I recently found TFO while looking for advice to keeping a hatchling RF. A friend of mine bought me a hatchling that still has it's egg tooth and was severly dehidrated and would not eat. So I did what most will do and started reading everything my fingers could find on the internet. It seems that you all have a nice community here at TFO. I appreciate all the info that I found here and at turtletary.com. My name is Gus and I live in MN. I know not the ideal place to keep a RF. But I have a 25-30 year old russian and a 4" greek. So when my friend saw this hatchling dieing at the expo he bought it to bring it to me. The baby was severly dehidrated who know how long Littlefoot was without water or a heatsource. I immediatly drew him?her? a warm bath in a shallow bowl and put her in it. He drank and drank till he could hold no more. 5 day's she would not eat till last night full dinner of lettuce and a grape. Today big appitite right to the food bowl. I am nervouse as I know how fragile hatchlings are. Not like my indistructable russian attack tortoise. Anyways just wanted to say hello and thanks for being here when I needed info. It litterally saved the life of my new little one.
SORRY for my spelling can't spell to save my life and computers confuse me still don't know how spellcheck works it just underlines things to let me know that I buggered it up.IMG_1522.JPGIMG_1616.JPGIMG_2615.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

MNcoldblood

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Sorry about the middle pic My computer seems to have a mind of its own on which pic it puts in it hahah

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Congrats to you and your friend on the save. Sounds like you are getting him going in the right direction. You can also check out one of our members sight for more RF info. It's the tortoiselibrary.com. Good luck with the little one, poor thing, some people ugh.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!!

When you get a word underlined in red, you right click on the word and it comes up with several choices, with the best choice on top.

For example, I've misspelled "choiice" and on my computer it is underlined in red. So I place my mouse on the word and right click. A new window opens up and "choice" is right up there at the top.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. You did good both in spelling and taking care of that baby. As a side note, I'd like to ask you to read the thread below my name. This thread was written by a member, Tom, and if you own a dog, plan on getting a dog, or allows dogs to visit your home, then this thread is a must read.

Hesh1212

5 Year Member
Hey! I'm new to TFO too and I have to say everyone here is so helpful. My name is Joe and I also live in MN. I believe I was at the same expo and I did too buy an RF there. Although the breeder stated it looked like a cherry head. After doing more research it is indeed a cherry head. Beautiful colors. The red scales and his bright red head is just something else. That story made me sad but I'm also really glad to hear she is doing better. This story intrigued me because I think we were at the same expo ( in MPLS? ). My tortoise, Hesh, is doing great! Very healthy an active. Just wanted to share y story!

MNcoldblood

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Glad to hear yours is doing so well. It was the one at the state fair grounds. LittleFoot is doing great now eating every day and enjoying the humid hide will even come out of it on her own now and again. Life is good when all my torty's are eating and doing well.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...best place i have found. For redfoots is thetortoiselibrary.com

Status
Not open for further replies.