New to the forum

SED22

Location (City and/or State)
Syracuse, NY
Hi! My name is Sara and I have a 6yo male red foot named Blortis- a nickname that stuck and became his official name 🤣
I live in upstate NY.
Blortis is a super social sweet boy- even if he did try to eat a dead mouse in my garden when I wasn’t looking. I was definitely shocked to find out RFs eat carrion- which I believe I learned on this forum.
Happy to be here as a member and no longer just a lurker.

85BACC5D-0C36-49C2-B741-E9B687607434.jpeg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome.
Your tortoise looks pretty dry. Be sure to get the humidity upto around 80% but keep the top layer of substrate dry.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Welcome to you and Blortus!

I lived in Syracuse for a couple of years while attending grad school and then worked 20 years a bit further upstate in Lake Placid before moving to tropical Keene, NH.

This is a great place to learn about your tortoise and tortoises in general.

Jamie

AmandaF

Congresbury
Hi! My name is Sara and I have a 6yo male red foot named Blortis- a nickname that stuck and became his official name 🤣
I live in upstate NY.
Blortis is a super social sweet boy- even if he did try to eat a dead mouse in my garden when I wasn’t looking. I was definitely shocked to find out RFs eat carrion- which I believe I learned on this forum.
Happy to be here as a member and no longer just a lurker.

View attachment 349554
Hi Sara & Blortis

welcome
from

Ernie (tortoise) &Amanda

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Welcome from South Florida
I agree that your RF looks to be in need of higher humidity and possibly regular water soaks.
And yes. RF love to eat all sorts of nasty things. Dead animals. Animal poop, etc. And these things can cause serious health issues. Be on the lookout.

SED22

Syracuse, NY
Hello and Welcome.
Your tortoise looks pretty dry. Be sure to get the humidity upto around 80% but keep the top layer of substrate dry.
Ya this picture is a few months old- he was definitely too dry and we’ve since remedied this issue. I noticed the winter here dries him right out as we have the heat running a lot and if we don’t stay right on top of it it gets pretty bad pretty quick. He has his own humidifier now.
Thanks for the tips! Happy to have a resource for this sort of information.
Hello and Welcome.