New to the group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Hello,
Just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I have 2.2.1 leopard tortoises and 2.1.3 indian stars here in Arizona. I've had turtles and tortoises all my life and like to think I have some experience I could share that would be of some benefit. See you on the forums!
Neal

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
Neal,
Welcome to the group. Tell us more about yourself and your tortoises. Pictures are always welcome as well.:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm wrapping up my final year at ASU with a bachelor’s in Accounting. My family consists of 1.2.11 lol, (me.wife&daughter.11 tortoises). I’ve lived in Arizona my whole life. I grew up raising box turtles, which was difficult in my climate, but I was successful. Gave them up about 5 years ago and switched to tortoises and have found them to be a lot more rewarding and interesting. Acquired 2.1 adult leopards (Marlin, Harold, and Ida) from an owner in Tucson…I’m not here to judge anyone’s husbandry, but they weren’t kept in the best of conditions so they have had their issues; after two years of being with me they are without a doubt living a better quality of life. My other two leopards (Coral and Mr. Poop) are still young purchased from Jerry Fife, both of which I’ve had for over 3 years now. As far as my Indian stars go, I’ve had one male (Buster) for about 5 years, purchased him as a hatchling. I received three hatchlings (yet to be named) from a friend, and recently got a pair of adult Indian Stars (Ozzy and Sharron). I’m very passionate about the welfare of my tortoises. I am a believer in taking tortoises to the veterinarian (I know that some people debate the importance of taking tortoises to the vet) and was happy to see my vet Dr. Todd Driggers on the forum vet list. We just moved ourselves into a new habitat so our tortoises living quarters are still under construction. I’ll try to get some pictures of the tortoises and enclosures up tomorrow, for now I am late for work!

myssie

5 Year Member
Welcome

Being very new all things tortie. And still doing my research before purchaseing one. What do the numbers mean before the torts name?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Males.females.unknown/hatchlings
so 1.2.1 indicates 1 male, 2 females, 1 hatchling

Status
Not open for further replies.