New To The site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeys_rose

5 Year Member
Hi everyone.
My name is Becky and I live on the Texas Gulf Coast along the Louisiana border. I am looking into getting a tortoise for the first time. I have been reading about them for a while and would love to get one. I thought that my 1st tortoise should be a Russian as it seems to be the best suited to the space that I can give and their ability to adapt to different climates. I am really wanting input from other that are current owners of these wonderful animals. It would be great to learn all that I can from others that have tortoise and what I might be getting myself into.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Welcome
I love russians, and I think that they are a great first tortoise.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome :) I am partial to Russians :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Becky:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

Russians are good if you like indoor pets... if you have a yard that is fenced and like the bigger torts, I would suggest a Sulcata or a Leopard if you have a smaller yard. Make sure you know the care for the tort you choose! In some case (like the Sulcata) you could be looking at a life time of care and even onto your next generation (Sullys can live 100+yrs).

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Red foot tortoises are perfectly suited for your area. I think a sulcata would do well too if you are looking for an outdoor destructive giant.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Tom said:
Hello and welcome. Red foot tortoises are perfectly suited for your area. I think a sulcata would do well too if you are looking for an outdoor destructive giant.

some of us prefer special needs Torts... they keep us on our toes!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.