New to the tortoise world

Leonardo Dicaprio

Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Hello I am Leonardo and I have a russian tortoise named Rocket by my niece but the name didn't really stick so most people call him Little Leo. He is the sweetest tort in the world and always seems to be happy. I actually got him from a tortoise rescue thing my friend worked at. Apparently his old owner had lots of different kinds of tortoises all kept together in a small cage. The first 4 months were hard, a lot of hissing and hiding but after a while he has become the happiest little thing. He has a few battle scars from his old life but other wise seems fully recovered. I am so excited to have found this community and am eager to learn!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

M

Maggie Cummings

welcome, and congrats on making a friend of Lil Leo....

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome Leonardo and Little Leo.
There is a good caresheet for Russians under the Species Specific section which will tell you all about diet temps humidity and substrate etc.
The Enclosures thread is a great place for ideas
The Beginners Mistakes thread (see link below) will help you avoid the pitfalls experienced by others.
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is also a good guide to tort safe plants for food and enclosures.
So read use the search facility and ask as many questions as you like there is always someone around to point you in the right direction.

Leonardo Dicaprio

Texas
Hi and welcome Leonardo and Little Leo.
There is a good caresheet for Russians under the Species Specific section which will tell you all about diet temps humidity and substrate etc.
The Enclosures thread is a great place for ideas
The Beginners Mistakes thread (see link below) will help you avoid the pitfalls experienced by others.
www.thetortoisetable.org.uk is also a good guide to tort safe plants for food and enclosures.
So read use the search facility and ask as many questions as you like there is always someone around to point you in the right direction.
Thank you so much, its been very helpful. Me and my wife are discussing some changes we want to see happen and I am confident that in a few short months Little Leo will have everything he could possibly desire.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco