New to the Tortoise World

Sunny the Tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Brevard, Fl
Hello everyone, I'm New to the torotoise world and would like to introduce myself and my tortoise. My name is Samantha, I have a Sulcata Tortoise named Sunny! I have always wanted a tortoise and when I came across the Sulcata Tortoise, I fell in love with them and had to have one. Now here I am trying figure out everything I can to take the best care I can of it. Any and all info is welcome! I live on the Space Coast in central Florida. As of right now I have it inside. Not sure of age or sex of it.

Thanks in advance for all info!!!IMG_20180615_081423.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning and Welcome! I’m pretty new too so I will look forward to learning with you!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello I also have a sulcata and live in Palm Bay Florida. Not as knowledgeable as some of the members but have learned a lot on this forum. I noticed you have Sunny in a aquarium. That's how I started but made a larger hold. If you keep Sunny in the aquarium for now cover the sides high enough so Sunny can't see out. All Sunny will do is try to get to the other side of the glass if Sunny can see thru.Opo used to wear a trench along the glass going back and forth. They don't need the stress.
Did you see the 20180629_055216.jpg Space X launch this morning?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello I also have a sulcata and live in Palm Bay Florida. Not as knowledgeable as some of the members but have learned a lot on this forum. I noticed you have Sunny in a aquarium. That's how I started but made a larger hold. If you keep Sunny in the aquarium for now cover the sides high enough so Sunny can't see out. All Sunny will do is try to get to the other side of the glass if Sunny can see thru.Opo used to wear a trench along the glass going back and forth. They don't need the stress.
Did you see the View attachment 243486 Space X launch this morning?
Beautiful! My body has a personal daylight / Dark timer so o miss a lot of the good stuff :cool: