New To The Tortoise World

lilreddme

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon City
Hey there! We're looking into adopting! Just trying to get a feed for breeds, habits and such. Our family is from the PNW and open to learning everything we can!

drew54

Indiana
Hey there! We're looking into adopting! Just trying to get a feed for breeds, habits and such. Our family is from the PNW and open to learning everything we can!

Welcome! My advice is to get five of every tortoise species! Ok 5 is pushing it so let's drop it down to 6 each! [emoji16]

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome! My advice is to get five of every tortoise species! Ok 5 is pushing it so let's drop it down to 6 each! [emoji16]
I agree I made the mistake of only buying 1.LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My vote is a sulcata. If you don't mind them getting big. Their smart,stubborn and only like you when you have food. What else can you ask for :)
And welcome you are on the right forum.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Welcome to the forum; you’ve come to a great place to do your research. Tortoises live a loooooong time so you really want to be sure you can adequately house one for many years. :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
My vote is a sulcata. If you don't mind them getting big. Their smart,stubborn and only like you when you have food. What else can you ask for :)
And welcome you are on the right forum.
God only knows how stubborn Oli is! He's a Greek tort. :)

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Welcome! I recommend the Russian Tortoise for those looking for a first shell puppy. They are hardy, quite tolerant of hot and cold temperatures, and they have spunky attitudes! They also don't get too big, males grow to about 6" while females reach 8-10" in size.