New to this forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGhob

5 Year Member
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and I am looking forward to being a member. I recently purchased a Sulcata hatchling to add to the other baby sulcata I got as a gift from my husband. I believe the first baby sulcata is about a year old. The hatchling is a lot smaller and the shell is still very soft unlike my other one. The bigger one is named Moonshine and the smaller one is Turbo! I have always been a fan of tortoises and I love my new addition to my family! :tort: I will upload pics as soon as I get the hang of it!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I look forward to seeing pictures of your two little ones. Especially with the little one, do you have a good UVB light on him? Does he get time outside in the sun? Asking because we really want that shell to harden up. Are the two housed together? What is your enclosure(s) like? Temps, lights, substrate that kind of thing. Do you have a humid hide? Do you soak them? What do you feed? Are you feeling overwhelmed by all these questions yet? Sorry, but it will help us to give you advise and ideas, IF you need them which you may not. :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, "G"!!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...the threads below my signature will help a lot. Unfortunately you can not house the 2 together. There will be some bullying going on im afraid. The new baby will be the one who will suffer. If you have them housed together. If not thats good...

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Miami, Florida
Hello and welcome :).

Unfortunately, housing them together does not ALWAYS work out. Sometimes, it can, but chances are, when they are older, you will have to separate due to bullying. They should be fine for now, but in years to come, you may have issues...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:D the threads below in my signature may be the same that was already suggested, but they are filled with a great way to raise a sully. The newest one should not be with the other, as already mentioned bullying. It may or may not happen right away, but with a soft shell I wouldn't put them together at least until the shell hardens. Even then, they must be watch very closely.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome. I love it when members have sulcatas. Must say though, being here has helped me appreciate Greeks, pancakes, redfoots, russians, desert torts, and the list goes on and on.... I wish I had a zoo with all the torts and turtles species of the world! Would that be a zoo, or what?! :p

angelf340

5 Year Member
Hello I am also new to the tortoise world. I recently bought a bay sulcata and I am looking forward to sharing pics and updates on my baby sulfate. I hope that everyone will help me with any questions that i may have. I still really dont know how to post my own thread...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
angelf340 said:
Hello I am also new to the tortoise world. I recently bought a bay sulcata and I am looking forward to sharing pics and updates on my baby sulfate. I hope that everyone will help me with any questions that i may have. I still really dont know how to post my own thread...

Hi! Won't you please start a new thread and tell us a bit about yourself and your tortoise? Go back to where your on the Intro thread section (but not on one thread). See the button on the top right that says something about a new topic? Click on it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.