New toad set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
British Columbia
After an afternoon of hiking I spent this morning pinning moss and ferns to the toads vine board things. They seem pretty happy. Though that could be because while I was setting up the tank they got a constant stream of mealworms...

image-469593131.png

View attachment 17578

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Very nice. Do you use live plants? Here's a pic of our azuras terrarium.
6e4905e5.jpg

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
hlester22 said:
Very nice. Do you use live plants? Here's a pic of our azuras terrarium.

Yes, live ferns and mosses. Mostly pinned with toothpicks. Your tank is so cool, I've always wanted dart frogs but never been able to find them around here... I wish my guys could live in a vertical tank but they are a tad on the overweight side, climbing is a pastime they miss out on...

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Your toads are probably a lot bigger than our PDFs. Our guys are gonna be moved to a bigger tank in the next week or so when our tadpole varibilis are ready. They will get the smaller tank. Keep an eye out on Craig's list and the reptile shows for them. I think your tank looks great. I bet they are very happy toads.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
hlester22 said:
Your toads are probably a lot bigger than our PDFs. Our guys are gonna be moved to a bigger tank in the next week or so when our tadpole varibilis are ready. They will get the smaller tank. Keep an eye out on Craig's list and the reptile shows for them. I think your tank looks great. I bet they are very happy toads.

Haha Prince and Bean are exceptional piggies. At full grown size they'll end up at 7 inches, right now their about 3 inches (and 4 inches wide...). The space they'll need sadly cancels out room for any other amphibians. I've always liked the dart frogs that piggy back their tadpoles to bromeliads in the canopy... I think there's a few kinds of them that do that.

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
I think our tadpoles are one of those types. The PDFs are more of my husbands deal than mine. I'm trying to learn though because he wants to start breeding and selling them. You couldn't keep PDFs in with your toads. You would need a different tank for them. I love watching them almost as much as I love watching my torts. They can sit there doing nothing and it's still interesting, lol.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
hlester22 said:
I think our tadpoles are one of those types. The PDFs are more of my husbands deal than mine. I'm trying to learn though because he wants to start breeding and selling them. You couldn't keep PDFs in with your toads. You would need a different tank for them. I love watching them almost as much as I love watching my torts. They can sit there doing nothing and it's still interesting, lol.

Yeah the whole poison thing would not be good with the toads lol. The toads tank takes up a great deal of room and I have no space for another tank, that was more along the lines of what I meant. 4 tanks in one bedroom is more then enough :p 5 would border on crazy person levels.

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Lol I guess I'm a crazy person then. I currently have 5 tanks of various creatures in my dining room along with wingless fruit flys, springtails and earthworms. :) with more to come in the future.

Bow

5 Year Member
British Columbia
hlester22 said:
Lol I guess I'm a crazy person then. I currently have 5 tanks of various creatures in my dining room along with wingless fruit flys, springtails and earthworms. :) with more to come in the future.

Bedroom and dinning room are different... If tanks of things in other rooms counted I'd be off the wall... Arguably if we're counting food things tanks I have 6 tanks in my room. LOL.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Awesome set up! Makes me jealous--now I want to improve my toads' viv somehow...

Oh, and if 5+ tanks in the bedroom makes you a crazy person, then I'm absolutely nuts! ;) I had 9 tanks, give or take, in my bedroom this last summer, and a year or two before that I had... What... 20? Yup... Certifiably insane here! :p I only have 2 in my room right now, but I definitely see that changing over the next several months... (Running out of room in the living room!)

Status
Not open for further replies.