New Tortoise Mom in Ontario, Canada

JesseS

Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone,
After a great deal of research and convincing my family I am not crazy. My hubby adopted a 4 month old Eastern Hermann's tortoise for me in May. We named him Pete Moss(we don't know if he's a he but its stuck now lol) and dare I admit I love him more than anything? (Maybe not my son but tied XD)
20220726_094236.jpg
Here he is waking up for breaky. He is in a temporary XL sweater tub at the moment, he will be getting a large custom tortoise table in Sept when we move into our new house. He also has a large outdoor enclosure next to my studio tent he loves to explore on hot days.
He is the most fun, such a personality and settled in so fast. He hears me coming and runs over for attention and foods. We live on a horse farm with my folks so he gets a fresh assortment of weeds and flowers everyday.

Yesterday I picked up this lovely 15 month old cherry head who was living in pretty sad conditions(living in a 50gallon tank with 2 other cherry heads twice her size). I've named "her" Nebula, or Nebbie for short.
20220728_093805.jpg
She is pretty shy so far, hiding away but enjoyed a nice warm bath this morning. I'm hoping she settles happily and enjoys her new digs and diet.

Excited to be here and meet fellow shell puppy lovers. I have waited 32 years for my first tort and now we are planning a reno for 3 stalls in the barn for a winter tortie land. I'm hoping to incorporate them into my Nurture Nature programs and raise awareness for our local turtles too.
Much love!
Jesse

Beasty_Artemis

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Oregon Coast
That's a very pretty rescued redfoot you saved. Very cool. But remember they need alot of love and attention. And they can never hang out together.

JesseS

Ontario, Canada
That's a very pretty rescued redfoot you saved. Very cool. But remember they need alot of love and attention. And they can never hang out together.
Absolutely they both have their own homes and no hang outs! I am all in for their care (zoology nerd here), I can't wait to build them new homes and enrich their long lives 💜