New Tortoise Mum to a little abandoned Hermann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunshine

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good Morning,
I'm a very new Mum to my baby Hermann who's about 6 months old. He was abadoned and since reported him missing via RSPCA I'm now his Mum and very happy about it ;-) I've been seeking advise from various owners, pet shops, online websites but am still a little confused. I've ended up buying a vivarium and am now regretting it as the table seems to be the best method. I really want to keep my little man happy and healthy - is it possible to have both? Also re heat lamp - does 40watt suffice or should I get 60watt?
Many thanks:)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Welcome to the forum :D
When I fisrt bought Hermy my Hermann, the pet store had told me to buy a vivarium so I bought one, but made a house in woods 1 month later. I know some people use vivariums here, but my Hermy was so stressed out being able to see outside. Plus it was very hard to control the humidity. You can also buy a plastic bin depending on the size of you little one. What kind of light do you use, you need a UVB and UVA, you can buy a Mercury vapor bulb, I buy the T-rex but other brands make this light too. I have a 100W in the enclosure. What are your temps in the vivarium?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sunshine:

Welcome to the forum!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I feel a song coming on...
sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy...okay could you get down now, your kinda heavy...:rolleyes::p:D

:D Glad your here!

Status
Not open for further replies.