• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

New tortoise owner :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

vubster

5 Year Member
So Saturday I finally picked up my first tortoise, so just wanted to say hey and show off Merlin who was having a little bath :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
A word of advice about that waterer...The sides are too straight up and down for a baby tortoise to get in and out safely. It's ok for you to use when you do forced soaks, but for a waterer in the habitat, a plant saucer is better.

Also, when soaking a tortoise, the water should come up to the middle of his sides - where the top meets the bottom shell.

vubster

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:
A word of advice about that waterer...The sides are too straight up and down for a baby tortoise to get in and out safely. It's ok for you to use when you do forced soaks, but for a waterer in the habitat, a plant saucer is better.

Also, when soaking a tortoise, the water should come up to the middle of his sides - where the top meets the bottom shell.

Don't worry I don't use it as a water bowl in his habitat, and thanks for the advice! :)

Oxalis

5 Year Member
Michigan
He's got his own little swimming pool! XD

mike taylor

5 Year Member
Careful tortoises are like potato chips you can't stop at one . :D

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

ReptileStation

10 Year Member!