Minority2

Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Hell
Thank you so much for your help and expertise! A little aggravating that I was sold all the incorrect items, should have realized when the girl selling me these things kept referencing her bearded dragons...
Luckily I did purchase everything with intent to upgrade and change everything out eventually.
Even with the small changes and things I’ve done since receiving some of your advice I have seen a change in his behaviour! He has become much more active, spends less time hiding and is pooping more regularly. Even witnessed him go over to his water on his own yesterday and dip his head in for a little sip!
I hope these are all good signs that were on the right path with your assistance and I’ll have a happy healthy tortoise :)

Nearly everyone in this forum has been swindled at least once or twice from buying junk equipment at pet shops.

That's good to hear. Hope the tortoise stays healthy. Be sure to to prepare a suitable sized enclosure for your tortoise in the near future. Remember bigger is always better.