New tortoise owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cincywhips

5 Year Member
Hi all, I am a new owner of a young Pancake Tortoise. I have been lurking around the tortoise forum for information on lighting, habitat, and diet in the weeks before his arrival, and you all were a big help! We have had him for a week, and he is doing great. Loves to eat and sleep. We live in Ohio and also have a 6 year old leopard gecko, 5 dogs (whippets) and a little boy.
I have wanted a tortoise for several years now, and I am so excited to have our new pancake!
Will try to figure out how to post pictures eventually...I keep getting the "photo is too large" message even when I resize first. I've taken at least a thousand pictures of our new guy!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi cincywhips:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

If you download a free picture program into your computer, like photobucket.com or tinypic.com, then you put your pictures in there and copy/paste the code into your thread here on the forum. Its very easy. Here's a tutorial:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread-How-to-post-pictures-in-your-forum-posts--5245#axzz1skCgBQvd

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum!

I don't know much about Pancakes (except they need syrup to taste good) But I do like lookin at Pics! hint hint;)

cincywhips

5 Year Member
Here's a few pics! So far Jack is doing well. He hides most of the time but I have seen him basking in the late mornings on his sun deck and he LOVES to eat! He will sit in my hand and eat and I love it! The dogs are very interested, but he is up in a very safe spot. It is chilly out this week in Ohio but I can't wait til it warms up so I can take him outside again.
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Catherine

Attachments

• image-1112427780.png
    image-1112427780.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image-2404700124.png
    image-2404700124.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 3
  • image-2898097242.png
    image-2898097242.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4