New Tortoise owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

reakabah

5 Year Member
Hi! I have had my russian tortoise for 10 days now! I love watching her but still feel very shaky about making sure I am doing everything right. Most of my concerns are temperature and what is ok and not ok to feed her. Otherwise totally enjoying my new addition to the family :tort:

Her other companions are a robo hamster, hermit crab, 2 cats, 1 golden retriever, 3 labs and 7 chickens (that I hatched).

I look forward to any help, suggestions, and expertise that anybody has on tortoise care as I am learning a lot but finding out there is a lot of conflicting info out there on the internet.

Thanks and looking to getting to know this forum :)

arotester

5 Year Member
welcome and you can trust the info here.
Hope her other companions keep a safe distance :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) if you give a complete run down of your enclosure, heat, UVB, substrate, etc. it's easier for us to help tweak, anything that might need it.
Also, take a look at the enclosed thread. I am posting it for all new members as a warning to keep in mind. http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-51382.html

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Hi and welcome! You have a lot of critters like me! :) I have a goldon ret and hermit crabs too. I also have cats and a hamster! ha Guess we r both animal lovers :)

reakabah

5 Year Member
Thanks guys for the welcome! The other critters are most definitely well behaved and all have their places. I am absolutely an animal/critter lover!

Status
Not open for further replies.