New turtle in with baby sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkettles73

5 Year Member
Hi guys, Today at work a employee brought me a little box turtle that was stuck in the chain-link fence. After closer inspection and the little guy coming out of his shell I realized he was missing his back feet. He has just two thin little stumps. I proceeded to bring him home and put him in the outdoor enclosure with my juvenile female sulcata.. So far so good... they are both under the thick patch of large. My question is there any issues with keeping these two together? I searched high and low but couldn't find anything on the net.

Thanks all :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
RE: New turtle

Hi! I would not do it myself. They each have their own set of germs and parasites, they each have different needs (and those needs may be major depending even more on the species of box turtle), and their is a strength difference (especially with one having a physical deformity), and the future (if not current) size difference is just going to get worse and worse with the bigger animal one day perhaps doing major damage to the smaller one.

nkettles73

5 Year Member
RE: New turtle

right now the sulcata is about a inch bigger... I think the new turtle has had a pretty rough life... I work for a chemical plant (making bleach). I think he is for the most part exhausted today. I have a different enclosure I can put him in. I brought him today during lunch so he would be out of our extremely cold office. Thank you Jacqui so much :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Poor thing. Glad you can take him in. But like Jacqui said. Do not keep them in the same enclosure. They should never cross paths.

nkettles73

5 Year Member
okie dokie.... this is why this such a awesome forum! All this info and thoughts in one spot. Thank you wellington!!

Status
Not open for further replies.