New two tub enclosure finally done! Looking for feedback.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
How did you cut the holes in the plastic (I assume) tubs? A couple of years back I tried to cut large entrance doors in a 50 gal Rubbermaid rub, but the plastic kept splitting and cracking as we cut.

chemprentice

5 Year Member
Southern California (OC)
What is the material of the tunnel? Plastic, stone, treated wood, etc? Is it heavy and how do you figure it would hold up over time? Love the design, btw.

Korall

Sweden
What is the material of the tunnel? Plastic, stone, treated wood, etc? Is it heavy and how do you figure it would hold up over time? Love the design, btw.
Thanks!
The tunnel is just wood, not treated but I make sure to keep it dry.

The enclosed is kind of heavy due to all the substrate in it so my dad and I had to reinforce the table due to it sagging a bit but other than that there have been no problems with it (Except that its quite messy now because of my tort)

Korall

Sweden
How did you cut the holes in the plastic (I assume) tubs? A couple of years back I tried to cut large entrance doors in a 50 gal Rubbermaid rub, but the plastic kept splitting and cracking as we cut.

I had that problem too, the most you can do is to use some tape on the area you are drilling on, be careful and hope for the best.

Tortoise76

Florida
I saw this i wanted to try to make something like this. How big are the tubs because the look a size i can handle because i am limited with space and need a bigger enclosure than what i have now.

MountainFox

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Raleigh, NC
This is great! I’ve seen posts talking about joined tubs as an enclosure option, but this is the first that I’ve found with pictures and a description. Thanks for sharing!