new with some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FamilyOf5

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brentwood, Ca
Hello Everyone! I have been researching today. One of our Russians laid 2 eggs today! My son came in saying the Easter bunny was visiting the tortises :)
I had always thought my Sulcatas would lay eggs first. Anyway, I got an incubator and I'm waiting for the temp. to hold at 80 degrees. We have 6 Russians in the tortise run so I had to remove the eggs. I was afraid they would harm them?
They are under a heat lamp now.
I'm reading conflicting info. so please someone let me know if this is right? I will place the eggs in an egg carton and place the egg carton inside the incubator at 80 degrees. And then I just leave them alone right?
I know the chances are slim but I know she laid them within the last 5 hours and I was carefull not to move them to much. A
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! No, it wasn't the Easter bunny, it was the Easter turtle! That's who delivers our Easter eggs at this house any how. ;) Eggs are a bit hardier then we use to think, so I am betting yours have a great chance of hatching. It's going to be feeling like it's taking forever, but will be so worth it, when you see that innocent little face. Congratulations! :tort:

slowpoke

5 Year Member
colorado springs, colorado
welcome , wish i could get some eggs , i think it would be a good experience and fun ... but slowpoke and sassy pretty much stay away from each other (hints the name sassy) lol

Tyrtle

5 Year Member
Arvada, Colorado
No advice, but that is the cutest quote, "The Easter Bunny visited the tortoises". Kids say the cutest things.

Cadance

5 Year Member
Welcome! I am sorry I don't have any information for you but I wanted to welcome you!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi FamilyOf5:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

I think you should probably raise that incubation temperature just a bit. 89F degrees would probably be a good temp.

FamilyOf5

5 Year Member
Brentwood, Ca
Thank you everyone! I appreciate all of the kind words and info. I took my crash course on tortise eggs and I think we are set. The incubator is set up and they are nice and cozy. I just pray they survive. We have 3 boys who are antispating new friends/pets.

I really appreciate the welcome!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.