Newbie from AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BekahBear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
My name is Bekah and i live in the middle of nowhere in the southern Arizona desert.
i love animals big and small. for non-reptiles we have several large dogs (we breed and train them for Search And Rescue work) and a Min Pin that thinks she is bigger than all of them. we have horses, a cat, some very large fish, a few rats and rabbits.

i was always interested in reptiles when i was little. i would bring home snakes and lizards all the time (much to my parents dismay...my dad is terrified of almost anything with scales lol). as soon as i was old enough to move out i got my first actual pet snake (a BCI boa) and my love of reptiles just grew from there. we currently have several snakes. Everything from a couple ball pythons to our 2 Burmese pythons and Green anaconda)

i always was fascinated by turtles and tortoises. my grandparents neighbor when i was growing up had several tortoises. ill never forget the day they showed me their incubator room. i thought seeing all the eggs and babies was amazing. i always wanted a tortoise but for whatever reason i never got one (or 2) until now.

i found 2 Sulcatas that are almost a year old on craigslist that were not being cared for properly and needed a home and i couldnt say no. i have them in a temporary enclosure until i can set up a better one for them (i posted about them in the "health" section when i got them) and they are eating great and seem to be settling in really good so far. if i wasnt hooked before i definitely am now. i dont have names for them yet but im working on it. they have such cute personalities and i love just sitting and watching them. they kinda remind me of Spike from The Land Before Time (my daughter used to love those movies) the way they love to chomp down on their food...they’re little piggies just like he was lol.

ill stop rambling now. but im so happy to have found this forum. there is so much great information here. i have been reading through as much of it as i can. hopefully this is the start to a long and happy life with my two little (though im sure they wont be little for long)tortoises

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Welcome to the forum, i hope you enjo your visits here. I know of little dogs who have a small body, but think they are the biggest dog around.

CGKeith

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arizona
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site. Lots of good people and information here.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome to the forum fellow Arizonan!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Okay, I am not a fellow AZ person, but have driven across it many times, does that count? :D Welcome to the forum and family.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacqui said:
Okay, I am not a fellow AZ person, but have driven across it many times, does that count? :D Welcome to the forum and family.

Nope.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Neal said:
Jacqui said:

Nope.

How about I have in my care a native AZ tortoise???? :p

BekahBear

5 Year Member
Arizona
Thanks guys! its great to feel so welcome here already. its always a nice treat when a forum has so many nice and helpful people in it.

i cant believe how many people on here are fellow Zonies (thats what the people at the beach always called all of us from AZ when we were there during the summer)

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Ahhhyeeaaaa! Now we're talkin'!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
BekahBear said:
i cant believe how many people on here are fellow Zonies (thats what the people at the beach always called all of us from AZ when we were there during the summer)

We think of Neal as a zonie too, but with him, it's because he lives in his own little zone. :p :D (Neal knows I love him and am just joking with him... sorta... wellllll a little...kinda... :rolleyes: :p :D )

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I once looked at a picture of AZ, does that count?

BekahBear

5 Year Member
Arizona
Jacqui said:
BekahBear said:

We think of Neal as a zonie too, but with him, it's because he lives in his own little zone. :p :D (Neal knows I love him and am just joking with him... sorta... wellllll a little...kinda... :rolleyes: :p :D )

hahaha! I think we all live in our own little zone sometimes (i know i do :D :p )

its like a bumper sticker my friend used to have "I live in my own little world...but it's ok, they know me there" :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.