Newbie from Northern Virginia

lynnsabia

Location (City and/or State)
VIENNA, VA
Hello everyone! My name is Lynn and I'm the proud mom of a sweet female Red Foot named Turbo (my then 9 year old picked the name before we got the tortoise :D).

I'm actually here because I've started thinking about finding a new forever home for our dear girl. Both my children are out of the house and I'm an empty nester. Turbo doesn't get as much attention as she's used to and definitely doesn't get outside like I want her to. We have no other pets so she's by herself most of the time. I'd love for her to go to someone close to Vienna, VA so I could visit, though ultimately I'd want the perfect home for her, wherever that may end up being.

I've attached 2 photos - the first from when we first got her in UT about 10 years ago and the second from last year. It's hurting my heart trying to find her a new place, though I believe it's truly in her best interest.

So glad I've found this page - looks like everyone here really has a love for their pets.

Thanks!
Lynn

IMG_0727 (2).jpg IMG_8577 (2).JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Vienna is almost right down the street. Too bad you are looking to rehome! Maybe Ken in the Northern Neck co7ld use an extra!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sadly I am on the get kicked out if you get another tortoise list! Such a beautiful tort

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
The Mid Atlantic Turtle and Tortoise Society (MATTS) can help find a local experienced keeper to adopt. PM sent.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Great pictures! So sorry you feel you have to find a new home for Turbo. Hopefully you'll find just the right one!

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Hello everyone! My name is Lynn and I'm the proud mom of a sweet female Red Foot named Turbo (my then 9 year old picked the name before we got the tortoise :D).

I'm actually here because I've started thinking about finding a new forever home for our dear girl. Both my children are out of the house and I'm an empty nester. Turbo doesn't get as much attention as she's used to and definitely doesn't get outside like I want her to. We have no other pets so she's by herself most of the time. I'd love for her to go to someone close to Vienna, VA so I could visit, though ultimately I'd want the perfect home for her, wherever that may end up being.

I've attached 2 photos - the first from when we first got her in UT about 10 years ago and the second from last year. It's hurting my heart trying to find her a new place, though I believe it's truly in her best interest.

So glad I've found this page - looks like everyone here really has a love for their pets.

Thanks!
Lynn

View attachment 280244 View attachment 280246
So beautiful. Your story really touched my heart. Getting to the end I teared up knowing how hard it is to re-home after so many years. God bless you [emoji56] I wish you luck in finding her a good home, if I lived closer I would definitely take her.