Newbie from Pa.

Izzy's keeper

We ( hubby and I ) are new owners of a greek tortoise. We have named her / him Izzy. Got that name because we don't know,........ Izzy a girl, or Izzy a boy. We know about keeping other reptiles. We currently have a red eared slider and a corn snake. We have had both for four years or so. I did research tortoises before we got Izzy. We decided on a greek and found one at a local pet store. I know that's not the best place to get any pet but, it was just so dang cute and crawled all over my husband at the store. So I just had to bring the little cutie home. Have had her / him for almost a week now with no problems. She / he is active and eating well. We do have some questions for you more experienced tortoise owners, but that can come later. Just wanted to introduce myself and Izzy.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and welcome.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

Izzy's keeper

Thank you for the welcome. So glad I found this forum. You can read all you want in books and the internet but nothing compares to the knowledge gained from personal experience.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Sounds like you picked an awesome new member for your reptile family. Pet stores are not always a bad place to get them from. Welcome!:)

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello to both of you and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Where are you from ? Because my Greeks at out side enjoying the sun and freash air !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm sorry ( PA. If I looked at what I read ) a Greek would still be sleeping . I'll do better next time

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Izzy's keeper

We are working on an outside enclosure now for Izzy when the weather permits here in Pennsylvania. Also in the process of building a large tortoise table for when conditions are not so good. For now she / he is housed in a 40 gallon long critter keeper. Izzy has been doing awesome. We have had no trouble keeping temps or humidity were they need to be. I thought she / he should still be hibernating also. That does not seem to be the case though.