Newbie - Future Cherry head tortoise owner! Help!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Thanks for all the suggestions and information!!!!!!

You guys provide me with plenty of ideas and sources to get me excited to build my close enclosure. When it becomes to humidity Sibi recommended a ZooMed fogger to provide high humidity, but I am wondering if the EXo Terra Monssoon RS 400 will work to provide high humidity? The reason I am asking is because I do have an EXo Terra Monsoon that I haven't used in awhile.

Thanks, guys!!!!!!

I have one too, but I never used it cause I heard someone mention that it released too much mist and wet the whole enclosure. I don't know what % cherryheads need, but you'd probably get more humidity than the baby needs. You can try it out, and if it produces too much moisture, you can try the fogger. Now, I think Tom said that he doesn't use humidity in his closed chambers. You may want to confirm that with him. Send him a personal message. He'll get back to you fast.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I have one too, but I never used it cause I heard someone mention that it released too much mist and wet the whole enclosure. I don't know what % cherryheads need, but you'd probably get more humidity than the baby needs. You can try it out, and if it produces too much moisture, you can try the fogger. Now, I think Tom said that he doesn't use humidity in his closed chambers. You may want to confirm that with him. Send him a personal message. He'll get back to you fast.
I'm not sure how the monsoon works, but my understanding is that all babies of all species do better (grow healthier) in humid environment. I keep Redfoots and their nursery tank is always kept at 80% and above humidity. Now, my substrate is NOT WET it's just the air that's very warm (80f and above) and humid)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I'm not sure how the monsoon works, but my understanding is that all babies of all species do better (grow healthier) in humid environment. I keep Redfoots and their nursery tank is always kept at 80% and above humidity. Now, my substrate is NOT WET it's just the air that's very warm (80f and above) and humid)

No, I don't mean just warm and humid, I mean wet, dripping wet. It's really not a mist at all. In any case, I have one I've never used. Perhaps, the OP, who said he has one, had better experience with it and it does what the fogger does. Dk, I'm hoping he'll let me know how the monsoon works for him :)