Newbie, hello and requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

McKillfist

5 Year Member
Hi, I'm Asia. I recently acquired four turtles. I'm not sure what kind they are (will post pictures on request) because I acquired them through a third party from someone who had to leave the country in a hurry and they had nowhere else to put them. (The guy who asked if I would take them suggested 'soup' as his alternative to me rehoming them.)

I was given a 50-60 gal tank, a bag of ambiguous brown pellets that look like dog food, a container of Healthy Herp box turtle food, two infrared 50watt/100watt heat lamps, one UV lamp, a humidifier, two water dishes with ramps, and four hide areas. Is this sufficient for three four-inch turtles and one two-inch turtle? I've been changing the water twice a day to try and keep it from becoming contaminated.

Any advice would be appreciated!

- Asia

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! Yes, of course we are wanting to see pictures!! :D

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Hello and welcome :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TortForum mobile app

abclements

5 Year Member
Hi Asia! That sounds like a good start... the water and food bowls should probably be replaced with terra cotta saucers (the ones that go under ceramic pots). What kind of turtles do you have? That will help big time with us being able to help you out! :)

Sent from my LG-P769 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Asia, and welcome to the Forum!!

I was reading your introduction, and was all set to believe that you were given some water turtles until you said they also gave you a package of box turtle food. We're going to need to see pictures of your new turtles to be sure we're giving you the correct info.

Jlant85

5 Year Member
California
Pictures, since your new, a lot of people here can give you advise on how to properly care for them and be more on depths and details on the type and all that good stuff! Welcome to the forums! From my experience, there is no such thing as stupid questions just as long as it ends up as a way to better care for your new friend or new addition to your family. Don't be shy! Welcome welcome!

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Welcome Asia!

We'd love to see photos of your turtles. That way, the members here can identify them for you and can send you in the right direction in order to learn more about your shelled friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.