Newbie Hermann owners

YvonneP

Hi, just joined the forum today. We became proud owners of 3 six month old baby Hermanns at the weekend - Tonks, Helga and Luna. They seem to have settled in well. We are reading lots to ensure we are doing our best for them. Planning a purpose built tortoise table (currently using the bottom of a large rabbit cage) and starting to plan their outside enclosure. Tonks will be moving out at some point with my son, whilst Helga (my daughter's) and Luna (mine) will stay here - either sharing an enclosure or separately depending on how they get on!

IMG_0446 - Copy.JPG IMG_0438 - Copy.JPG

PJay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Yvonne!

(If you cut that flower pot in half lengthwise it makes for a snug and more cozy hiding place.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum, @YvonneP .

Cute little torts. GOD bless.

Where do you live and what is the weather like back there? Please make sure that your torts have enough warmth and humidity.

YvonneP

We are in the UK. Cold and wet outside at present. I know that we may not be able to keep them together for long - in fact one will be moving out with my son at some point. We are building a large tortoise table soon, but if need be will build a double decker one. Likewise we will start with one large outdoor enclosure, but if we need to split them we will. They are currently 6 months old. I will have a go at halving the flower pot - at present we tend to end up with one inside, and one buried either side of it! We will have had them a week tomorrow. Currently feeding well, and all alert. So much to learn about them - seem to learn something new every day! Thanks for the ideas and support