Newbie on tortoises or actually on reptiles

El_cacique

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I was thinking of getting a red foot, and I already did my reader on looking about humidity, protein, and which fruits, and temps and as well as using low dishes, I just wanna know since I’ve never had a Let was how many times a week do I feed a tort and how many per day

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the "Beginners Mistakes Thread" and do not hesitate to ask any questions when in need of help.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I was thinking of getting a red foot, and I already did my reader on looking about humidity, protein, and which fruits, and temps and as well as using low dishes, I just wanna know since I’ve never had a Let was how many times a week do I feed a tort and how many per day
Every day about what it will eat in 15 minutes or so.
Even though I leave food in longer.
Redfoot is a species that actually likes old, wilted food. Maybe even prefer it?
Where are you in Florida?
We have a great climate for Redfoot torts.

El_cacique

Florida
Thank you y’all and I’m in south Florida, but I just ordered one with this I hope the little one does great and I will resort to Beginners Mistake tread thank all of you for helping me

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
Welcome! This forum is a great resource with lots of nice and knowledgeable people. Don't hesitate to ask any question you have. Have fun with your new tort! Show us a pic :)

El_cacique

Florida
Sorry not order I have the Spanish keyboard on I meant pick up today, and I’ll show a photo around later today when I pick the tort up