Newbie owner of Russian Tortoise!

Jeanettics

Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA
Hello there! I’m a student at UC Davis and I have recently welcomed a small Russian Tortoise into my home :D His name is Tortellini and his age is unknown. I’ve built him a small indoor enclosure and am in the process of painting it! I will definitely have lots of questions and am excited to join this community!:tort:

71E23B8C-5B60-4B6C-8899-560F3BC22D6E.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, Jeanette, and welcome! The tortoise will find it a whole lot easier to get in and out of a clay plant saucer than that ramped snake bowl.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
Hello there! I’m a student at UC Davis and I have recently welcomed a small Russian Tortoise into my home :D His name is Tortellini and his age is unknown. I’ve built him a small indoor enclosure and am in the process of painting it! I will definitely have lots of questions and am excited to join this community!:tort:

View attachment 283035

Welcome to TFO! I have spent a fair bit of time in Davis but now live in the Bay area. Russians are a wonderful first tort. I have had some of mine for 20+ years now. One is currently scratching at her enclosure waiting for attention about 10 feet away from me. They do well in California. I wish you and Tortellini many healthy years together