Newbie owner-sleepy tort

Wkdside

Hi sorry if this has already been asked before but I'm a little worries about my Hermanns tort Tony. He seems to be sleeping a lot. I work during the day so I'm unsure if he's out and about when I'm not in but he seems to be eating. When i get up he's sleeping and when i come in from work he's sleeping. Yesterday he was up when his light was off eating. I was under the impression once his "sun" was out, so was he. His heat lamp is kept at a steady 95 with a thermostat and there's a thermometer just in case. His viverium has just recently been all cleaned and clean water and food is put in everyday. He has a calcium block and a cuttlefish. Am i doing something wrong? I've read lots of websites and I'm a little worried. Ive also had him out loads last week, he seems to like a wonder but now nothing. I love animals and have had a lot but this is my first reptile. Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. As long as all temps, humidity, diet, etc is good and he's eating some, I wouldn't worry about it too much. A lot of torts that brumate naturally for winter are slowing things down right now. Heck, even my leopards who don't brumate at all are eating less and less active. Just keep feeding, giving fresh water, soaks, checking temps etc.

Rylatts

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Welcome to the forums!

Tortoises really don't like change so if you have only just got him it might take a while for him to get used to his new home :)