Newbie Tortoise Mom

LaRue

Interesting to know that your father was raised in a farm. Do you like animals? Guess you do.

And welcome to the forum!
Oh I'm in my 40s (sadly) and my dad past some years ago. But he was a incredibly smart man, born in Canada, raised on a potato farm in maine. He was a true survivalist, and would bring home every animal he could find hurt or in need. I do remember a huge tortoise with a cracked shell, but so long ago. Never thought I'd have one now.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Oh I'm in my 40s (sadly) and my dad past some years ago. But he was a incredibly smart man, born in Canada, raised on a potato farm in maine. He was a true survivalist, and would bring home every animal he could find hurt or in need. I do remember a huge tortoise with a cracked shell, but so long ago. Never thought I'd have one now.

Sorry to hear your father passed away. That is interesting story of him and his care for animals.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Amanda and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and lovely Jordie.
I always think it's great when someone adopts an older and/disable tortoise which maybe others would ignore.
Many people only want cute little hatchlings.
Congrats.