Newbie with his leopard tort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick and Oliver

5 Year Member
Hi there Im nick i live in the states. I currently own a leopard tort about a few months old wondering if the habitat is suiting him i love him and he seems to like it he gets friendlier ever day. Some times i can even feed him from my hand.
If you can help me answer my question. Is[/code] this habitat that I've made for him perfect or does it need to be changed??? Will post pics along with this question

Thanks , Nick and Oliver(Oliver is the tortoise)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum Nick, but your pictures didn't show up.

Nick and Oliver

5 Year Member
[attachment skating about three weeks after having him grinding some crazy rails
[attachment arrival when i first got him
[attachmen pigging out Oliver eating some greens
[attachment home sweet habitat Oliver's habitat zilla critter cage 36''x18''x16''
He has a food dish a water dish heat and uva lights two hidding areas and some rocks for decor
[attachment=eco earth type of substrate half covered with reptile moss half with the coconut fibers
[attachment=naptime close up while he was napping

Thank you please correct me if im doing this wrong i dont want to risk his fragile life
Thanks a ton
Nick and Oliver

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 28

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Welcome to the forum.

The only picture that showed up is the skateboard picture. It's a lot better to create a Photobucket or TinyPic account. I use photobucket...all you have to do is upload your pictures, a direct image link is provided for each picture, just copy and past the links right to your thread and they will show up.

Until then what are your temperatures like throughout the enclosure during the day and night?

Nick and Oliver

5 Year Member
Nick and Oliver said:
[attachment skating about three weeks after having him grinding some crazy rails
[attachment arrival when i first got him
[attachmen pigging out Oliver eating some greens
[attachment home sweet habitat Oliver's habitat zilla critter cage 36''x18''x16''
He has a food dish a water dish heat and uva lights two hidding areas and some rocks for decor
[attachment=eco earth type of substrate half covered with reptile moss half with the coconut fibers
[attachment=naptime close up while he was napping

Thank you please correct me if im doing this wrong i dont want to risk his fragile life
Thanks a ton
Nick and Oliver
[/quote]

Neal said:
Welcome to the forum.

The only picture that showed up is the skateboard picture. It's a lot better to create a Photobucket or TinyPic account. I use photobucket...all you have to do is upload your pictures, a direct image link is provided for each picture, just copy and past the links right to your thread and they will show up.

Until then what are your temperatures like throughout the enclosure during the day and night?

Hey there thanks i just made one im trying to get it to work but i try to keep my temp. 72-80 rarley does it get to 80 my humidity is always on 68% so im glad it doesnt rapidly change. Usually the lamps are kept on all day from 6:45 am- 5:00 pm its only because where i live the sun sets at 5 so i try my best to keep up with him and manage school work. Let me know if im doing it wrong oh and his diet just in case you were wonderin is a mix of kale mistard greens and romane lettuce a little in the morning and when i get home at 2:30 i put a little more in his dish, i always keep a shallow tray like dish bowl of water cleaned out every other day.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Your temperatures might be a little low. Do you have a basking spot that is warmer?

As a rule of thumb, good temperatures are 95 - 100 basking spot and 80 throughout the rest of the enclosure. At night, the basking spot is turned off, but the temperatures should be maintained around 80 with high humidity.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
Neal is correct.
I can tell you really love Oliver your baby leopard tortoise, he is luck to have you as his new owner, welcome to the forum.

Nick and Oliver

5 Year Member
papayapa said:
Neal is correct.
I can tell you really love Oliver your baby leopard tortoise, he is luck to have you as his new owner, welcome to the forum.

So i fixed my lighting and the temp works like you said Neal thanks for the help. i put down some slate slabs not to big to cover the entire area but if he wants to he can sit on that or the peat moss i have both under the heat lamp while the uva white lamp is kinda just on the side

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cool! If you haven't already spend some time searching around on the forum. There are a lot of good care-sheets and threads that will help you raise a healthy tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.